When we think about spring and summer makeup, fresh looks usually come to mind. “Barely there” dewey makeup provides an instant transition to spring and summer after the drier, colder winter months.
One easy way to achieve this look is to prep the skin with an apricot kernel oil moisturizer. Apricot oil mimics the skin’s own oil, so it is ideal for all skin types. After patting into the skin, allow to sit on the skin for a minute or so, then dab your foundation onto the skin with a sponge. Contour with bronzer under the cheekbones, under the jawline, and along the sides of the nose. Be sure to blend to avoid any harsh lines.
Groom the eyebrows, filling in any “bald spots”. Apply mascara and a tinted lip balm and you have a polished but very subtle makeup look.
While natural makeup looks are always very popular for spring and summer, here are some makeup tips to add more pizzazz, especially for that special occasion.
- Strong Eyebrows: Properly shaped, groomed, and defined eyebrows are always on trend. A professional eyebrow shaping and regular upkeep is one of the easiest ways to give your eyes more pop.
- The Cat Eye: Always chic. For the warmer months, try bright colored eye liner in addition to the classic black.
- Lashes, lashes, and more lashes!! To create Twiggy-like lashes for every day, start with a very subtle, neutral eye shadow. Curl the lashes. Apply a thickening primer to boost the mascara’s effect and give it more staying power. Apply one coat of waterproof mascara to set the curl. Finish with a volumizing, lengthening mascara.
- The Smokey Eye: Always sexy and always “in”. Keep it soft for the warmer months by simply adding the smokey eye makeup look to the “barely there” face described above.
- Bright Lips: Whether they are passionate red or luscious berry, strong lips give instant sophistication to the face. Powder the lips first to prime, line the lips to define the shape, then fill in with lipstick or lip gloss. Blot and reapply another coat of lipstick for more sticking power. A tinted lip balm or clear lip gloss are great alternatives if you are a bright lipstick novice. Be sure to keep the eye makeup very soft and neutral.
The key is not to overdo it.. Stick to one focal point at a time to keep your look fresh and current.