One of the easiest ways to look polished, balance your features, and frame your eyes is to groom your eyebrows.
This is particularly important if your eyebrows are sparse or, like most people, are asymmetrical.
Following these simple guidelines, you can create your perfect eyebrow. Mark the 3 spots with a light eyebrow pencil until it becomes second nature to you.
- To determine where your eyebrow should start and end, hold a pencil vertically against one nostril. This is where your eyebrow should begin.
- Next, hold the pencil against the nostril diagonally to the corner of the eye. This is where your eyebrow should end.
- To create your arch, look straight ahead and hold the pencil vertically against the outer edge of your pupil.
- With a light eyebrow powder and an angled eyebrow brush, use light feathery strokes to fill in the “bald spots” between the hairs and connect the 3 spots to get the basic outline of your eyebrow.
- With a darker eyebrow powder that matches your hair color, continue to fill in the eyebrows. Again, use light feathery strokes so the eyebrows look natural. Avoid drawing harsh lines.
If you are fortunate enough to already have wonderful eyebrows, simply take an eyebrow pencil and fill in those “bald spots” to give the eyebrows a fuller, more defined appearance.
Brush the eyebrows up to really open the eyes. Set with eyebrow wax to keep the shape you just created.
Now you are ready to continue with the rest of your eye makeup.
A professional eyebrow design and makeup lesson is the best place to start. Afterwards, maintaining you eyebrow shape and stray hairs with monthly salon visits will help keep your eyebrows looking their best!